Left 4 Middle School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Smith Household

Go down

The Smith Household Empty The Smith Household

Post  Pluvicorn Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Finally reaching his home, Favian took the time to get out of his suit, pulling on a large tee shirt and some lose pants. He flopped down in his usual chair and leaned back, closing his eyes and pulling his mask off, exposing his deformed mouth. He let out a sigh and pushed his hair form his face with both hands, giving himself a nice temple message. Today hadn't even been a bad day, but he still felt the stress of it all. He really was too sensitive and delicate for an infected. Maybe he could try getting a different job where he could just... work from home? He was pretty good with computers due to his prior job. And his Masters would be more useful towards something like coding or engineering or something. A teacher... again, it was his pushover nature that landed him this job. An acquaintance of his mother heard of him being sacked and pretty much forced him into this job now. Really, it was a bit embarrassing. But he hadn't seen his mother in a long time now, he was curious what she was up to.

Finally pushing from his chair, he walked to the kitchen and decided to be a little less lazy that usual and actually bake himself one of those frozen pizzas. He had been mostly on a diet of microwave dinners for a while now. To think, he ate such crap and still looked like a skeleton. Sighing once more, he then pulled out the pizza, stopping however when his doorbell rang. He looked towards his door and frowned. He didn't get visitors. Ever. And it was really late... he shifted from one foot to the other and then finally when it rang again and was followed by a knock, he knew he couldn't just ignore it. Placing the pizza down, he walked to the door and looked through the window and spied what looked like some guy. Pulling his mask back on, he opened the door a bit and looked out, frowning a bit in confusion, "Can I help you?"

Beyond the door, a young smoker stood, bags on his arms and a very sour look on his face. He looked just as unhappy as Favian did. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a crinkled note and held it out to the other. Favian then took the note and opened it, reading it over. As he read his face went into a look of surprise. Once done, he looked out to the boy standing on his porch. "Uh..."

"Yeah, Mom didn't tell me either." he said flatly, then pushed the door open, causing Favian to take a few steps away. He then walked in with an irritated look, looking around. The place was alright actually. Nicer than he thought it would look. The carpet had a few stains on them, but he was use to that. Their mother had left some burnt marks in their wood floors herself. Dropping his bags haphazardly, he then turned to look up at his older brother with a frown. He looked like a pussy. He could tell. The way he was shifting uncomfortably and not saying anything. How he let him push into the room without any argument.

"Ya just going to stand there? The door is still open." he said, looking to the door and then to Favian with an angered look. Favian then quickly closed the door and locked it, looking to the other, "Uhm... Tath." He had learned the name from the note. His little brother... he needed to have a word with his mother. Mostly about how she should probably stop sleeping around with infected, because she was going to end up with a whole shit tone of kids if she didn't. "I'm Favian. I don't... I didn't know you were coming so... uh..." he pushed his hair back again nervously then scratching at his long neck. "I... have a spare room but it's just for... storage. I... I can get a bed ordered but..." What the hell. He knew he couldn't kick the kid out, but come on! He had never had to take care of even a pet before! And now he had to take care of some kid?! No, not some kid, his little brother! Later he would be able to properly react to this situation, but right now, with Tath starting at him with those cold, familiar yellow eyes, there was nothing he could really do except find him a place to sleep.

"I don't want a stupid storage room!" Tath then snapped in anger, "I'm not storage!" he said in anger, crossing his arms. Favian then fidgeted even more nervously, "I didn't mean... I would take all the stuff out of the room... it would be your room..." he tried to explain, not liking that the child was getting more angered at him.

Tath then glared and nodded, going to the kitchen and looking around. Such a pussy. Seriously, why was he stuck with such an uncool older brother? He thought he'd get an older brother who was like... a bad-ass and would teach him how to fight and how to kill people or something! But now, he was a dorky stupid teacher. So lame. The Smoker's eyes then fell onto the pizza and his stomach gave a little gurgle noise. He hadn't been able to eat the whole trip here! And as his dad would say, "He's a growing boy! It's not uncommon for him to eat a lot of food." And hell, he wanted some pizza. "Bro!" He then called out, turning, "Make this pizza. I'm hungry."

Favian was in the process of freaking out a bit before then hearing himself being called. Bro? He... had called him bro! Like... like really as a brother. Something turned a bit in his stomach. And he knew it wasn't his usual acid. He liked being called bro. It was like this kid was accepting him as his older brother. Of course, what he didn't know was that the only reason Tath called him Bro was because he was too lazy and didn't care to actually learn his name.

The rest of the night went as expected. Tath spent the night watching a television fighting show, Favian had to clean the dishes for two, and had to sleep on the couch, because Tath said the couch was uncomfortable, and insisted to sleep on the bed, or else he wouldn't sleep.
Pluvicorn
Pluvicorn

http://imaxgirlxnixkel.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down