Left 4 Middle School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday Specials

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Monday Specials Empty Monday Specials

Post  Kat Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:43 am

The walk into the teachers' lounge was filled with Interesting conversation. It had Olive laughing the whole way there, once opening the door both infected were shocked to see that barely anyone was there. Only a couple staff janitors and oh god…why him, anyone but him. “Well, well, well if it isn’t Dr. G what brings you here?” Mr. Jones a chemistry teacher strutted over to where Olive and Mikey stood, his immense height was merely inches above Mikey’s though while the common infected nervously slouched closer to Olive he looked much shorter in comparison.

“Turkey can’t you just leave me alone for once, all I want is a peaceful lunch that’s all okay?” The smoker’s long tongue seemed to slither around threateningly; it matched the sinister grin peeling at his face. “You skipped out today in my class.” She saw this one coming…

It was difficult keeping her temper down in front of Mikey; she didn’t want to scare him away now that he finally warmed up to her. Olive peeked up to him watching fright spread like wild fire in his eyes. “I was busy taking care of an injury, if you’d please Mr. Jones, me and my good friend would like that get our lunch.” Treating him like the Green flu she flicked her wrist in a shoo motion to rid herself of that disgusting parasite. She seriously didn’t know what her friend Sunny saw in that guy.

So this isn’t going to be a pleasant break after all. Fuck.

Gently she took hold of Mikey’s shoulder and guided him towards the buffet table. Food will get her mind off things for a while.
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Monday Specials Empty Re: Monday Specials

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:24 am

Mikey still quaked in fear from the smoker as he followed Olive. The Infected was thankful for her treatment and his bones didn't make a sound. "Wh-Who was that?"
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:42 am

She had a feeling he would ask that. “Turkey Jones, he is one of the chemistry science teachers, he also happens to be a friend of mines boyfriend. Pay no mind to him he is just some punk who gets kicks out of screwing people up and I mean that in more than one way.” Why did she have to run into a douche like him in the first place? It’s bad enough that Evan has to be in his class. ANYWAYS, says her stomach. The immense rumble erupted angrily from her belly reminding her of the task at hand.

Boy she certainly was hungry.

Humming while taking a long whiff of the delicious options, Olive beamed towards Mikey. “I don’t think I could decide it all looks so good, what are you going to get?” Being bi-polar has its advantages. It’s easy to change a mood whenever she wanted. Her gaze continued to stare at the infected; his calculating position flew off a childish vibe from him.

Again this boy had her motherly instincts take its course.
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:20 am

Mikey looked down at the assorted food before him. "Oh...uhm...I honestly don't know..." He was very hungry in truth, and he wasn't particularly picky. everything looked tasty to him. "Anything look good to you?"
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:34 am

Nipping her bottom lip was a horrible habit she had created. It wasn’t too easy breaking it either. “I guess I’ll go with the ham subs.” Decisions, decisions oh how she hates decisions. Plucking a plate from the stack Olive began to pile on her sandwich and other delectable choices along with a nice steaming cup of coffee. She hadn’t realized just how hungry she really was until actually having the food in front of her; it was a troubling to swallow down a screech in sheer enjoyment. “I’ll grab us a table while you grab your lunch.” Mikey nodded with a small grin and turned to his own meal.

Olive trotted over to an empty round table carefully laying her food down before snatching up a seat. She couldn’t wait any longer so she went ahead and dug in. Unfortunately Olive was a little too busy stuffing her mouth that she hadn’t notice Turkey scoot closer and closer to Mikey.
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:40 am

Mikey went ahead and got the same thing as her, not really wanting anything specific so he just decided to follow along. Only just after he finished getting everything, he felt a toungue slid and curve around his waist, making him shiver and yelp.
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 am

“Heeeeey there little boy, whatcha doing away from your mommy?” Turkey swirled around to Mikey’s side, a sinister smirk frightening the young infected. He leaned his hands on the counter in a relaxed posture still having a churlish glint in his eyes. Remaining silent Mikey kept all contact minimum except for the serpent violating his personal space. “What’s wrong?” Flicking his other tongues on around his boney arm Turkey inched near his face making the situation far more uncomfortable than necessary. Luckily only a few others were in the room to see what happened next. Movement like a ghost and Olive had the smoker’s tentacle in her claws.

Shit Shit SHIT!!!!

“Turkey…” Never had Mikey thought that Olive could look so scary and welcoming at the same time. Her tone was disgustingly calm along with her features but the invisible vibe emitting from her was enough to make anyone pee their pants. The tongue remained around Mikey and the slight twitches reminded him of it too, Olive seemed to remember it as well.

Apparently she is the perfect example of why Hunters should be feared. Like a knife to warm butter Turkey’s pink weapon was sliced in half. “AAAAHHH FUUUCK, Olive what the hell was that for!!!” from the pain of his swelling tongue Turkey had a lisp causing the other staff watching to laugh. All except Mikey who stared wide eyed at the limp muscle in her hands and around his waist. Almost as if she read his mind Olive turned around to see the confusion and nausea floating around him. “Don’t worry it grows back. It’s not the first time I had to do that.” She dropped the slimy tongue on the floor, green fluid oozing out and bubbling on the floor.

In a second Olive left his side and was sitting at the table pretending that nothing had happened. Mikey was surprised she still had her appetite after doing what she just did…
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:12 am

Mikey's face was starting to turn a different color each second. he knew he would be scarred forever from that smoker's assault. the infected didnt touch his food, still very scarred. the paranoia welling up inside him convinced his conscience his specific plate may have been rigged with poison.
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:25 am

She knew this wasn’t going to be a good lunch, at least not one she could enjoy properly. “Mikey,” the infected turned to the call of his name. The blank sick flush he had painting his cheeks told everything. A wary smile hopefully would set him at ease a little. “You don’t need to worry about him. You work in the library; Turkey wouldn’t dare set foot in that place. Don’t ask me why it’s been his worst nightmare to be surrounded by knowledge. Olive giggled quietly. “He gets bored easily so if you ignore him too he will eventually go bother someone else.” Leaning comfortably in her chair she examined the boy. He was pretty handsome, nice long black hair to frame his strong jawline. Yet mixed in those manly features was that of a kid. “Do tell me do you have a girl friend?”

Mikey literally choked on his own spit at the sudden question and he grunted and coughed to reduce the itchy feeling. “What?” He managed to croak out. That was something he definitely did not expect…
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:35 am

Sputtered cough escaped his fragile lips and it seemed like every one coursed shooting pain through his fragile figure. "I'm s-sorry.....uhm..." Another sputtered cough. "N-N-n-no.... i-i don't...." His face was painted crimson at this point. his muttering to himself continued. "come on mikey, she is really pretty." He shook his head. "Yes but maybe that wasn't what she was implying!" He covered his mouth with his hands again, hoping that would hide his embarrasment.
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:49 am

His constant rambling was adorable and he was bright red matching her coffee cup. “I’m surprised that you don’t. Such a looker like you would probably have a hoard after you.” A tender simper never left her face and she observed her finger nails that seemed to be the most interesting this in the entire world at the moment. Conversational topics eluded her mind, drawing her to a blank state as she searched. Taking a deep well needed breath of air she flashed a smile back up at Mikey. “Any interesting hobbies?” Damn talking can be hard. Maybe after this she will finally have a friend to talk to besides Evan or……Turkey……
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Michael's face burned and it seemed to spread all across his body at her first remark. "Thank you...." he never really though of himself as a looker before, mainly he thought of himself as a coward everyone always took advantage of. he started eating a little and swallowed to reply to her question. "I-I write...fiction mostly...."
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:17 am

This boy seemed to be really interesting after all. Very interesting indeed. Olive began to contemplate all the information she managed to amass in this short of time about this boy. Several descriptive words popped up. The first of course would be skittish, devoid of any self-strength not physically but mentally. Another is boxed up. It’s obvious that some sort of traumatic event corrupted his social instincts or he was constantly caged away from the real world. Maybe when the Green Flu just started its rampage, poor Mikey was terrified of the fact that the world was ending. Though in his case it would most likely lead to suicide if he hadn’t become an infected.

This was stupid….

Why does she always have to make a hypothesis on every person she meets? Damn her uncle a thousand times over. He was the one to teach her to observe and strike. Useful for hunting yes but now she can’t have a chat with someone without her mind swirling ridiculous assumptions. Anyways back to what he was saying. “Wow that’s really cool, you’ll have to let me read some of your work if that’s alright?” Olive gave her infamous smile, slightly closing her eyes to further extend the corners of her cheeks. Geez her face really did hurt right now. She hasn’t smiled this much since the day she adopted her son. Her good nature was too strong for her to deny a moment of expression. Mikey numbly sat before her, just staring into space, probably weighing the idea of Olive reading his writing. What a silly kid.
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:57 am

Michael smiled back at her. "Really? Thanks! Though...they aren't very good...." He folded his hands in front of him in embarrasment. "And..I sing sometimes..." His eyes widened and he internally curse himself for letting that slip. He stuttered, trying to find a way to take back what he said. Today really was like a roller coaster for the poor infected. He made a friend, but along the way his bones fell apart and he almost got raped by a stranger. The boy was extremely tired at this point.
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:38 am

“Quite the artistic type.” When will he stop being so embarrassed around her? She hasn’t done anything to humiliate him. Suppressing a deflated sigh Olive tried to ignore the wavering feeling in her confidence that he will break this wall he sets between him and her and others. However, this will take some time. That’s why she can’t afford to lose hope for him. Scooting closer to the table in order to lean her elbows down and place her head on her fist. Her empty sockets doing that soul searching glaze. “You’re pretty exhausted huh? I don’t blame ya, after those crazy events I think I’d be ready to pass out.” Olive grunted a curt laugh this time tossing on a weaker more tired grin.
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:28 am

Mikey nodded. "Yeah....it's been very tiring for me...heh heh..." He laughed nervously. very tiring seemed like an understatement to his current condition. then again, he never clearly remembered getting any kind of a peaceful day. not that he didn't mind, but he just never got a day of rest. i guess taking this job would give him even less sleep, but he didn't mind now that he had a friend. "Oh! i just remembered. i never got your name!"
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:47 am

The tired gaze instantly evaporated into an embarrassed shock, while her mouth rounded into an ‘O’ shape. How could she forget to tell him her name!? They have been talking for about five hours and she neglected to do a proper introduction. “Haha silly me I completely forgot, sorry, I’m Olive Gower.” Her fingers itched to intertwine themselves in her hair but she resisted the urge. Now she knows how a smoker feels when they need to take a drag…

Olive tenderly sipped at the coffee, slightly scowling at the fact that it went cold, leaving a bitter taste to it. “Well,” her voice croaked in a gag. “If ya need a place to crash during the day I have a few beds in my office.” She giggled at her own stupid pun. Her humor could be very dry sometimes but at least she had one.
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:20 am

"Oh, thanks!" He glanced at the clock on the wall swiftly. "The day's almost over though so most likely i'll crash when I get home." He laughed softly, finding Olive easy to open up to. sometimes whenever he made friends he felt like a rock, even as a human. you had to break through the exterior of his paranoia to really get to know him. and after the day's events, he was hopeful that smoker wouldn't try and violate him again tomorrow. michael turned back to Olive. "So, is there anything else i should know?"
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:47 am

Olive took the question into thought, what else is there to talk about? They had talked and bonded in such little time that there wasn’t really anything left…left… OH right! Pulling up her sleeve up Olive showed him the large sickening scar decorating her wrist. “This happened when I was a little girl, my older sister Kristy sat on my arm and broke it in a horrid way.” An admirable daze never left the mesh. “They said I would never be able to use this arm ever again but,” she paused in remembrance. “A doctor that goes by the name Arnold Wisewell found me in records and he has a habit of taking a challenge. He fixed my arm in some crazy surgery; he is the whole reason why I got into medical.” Her smile wavered slightly and she saved it with a cheerful laugh.
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:03 pm

"WOW!" he breathed a cry of awe as he heard the nurse's story and gazed at her gruesome scar. "That's amazing! but now I wonder, how did your sister break your arm but sitting on it?" His eyes darted back up to hers, or at least where her eyes should be. "Also, what happened to your eyes?" The naive boy cocked his head to the side in confusion. he had seen hunters with their eyes before and some without. most of them with eyes were children in the street and some without were older teens or young adults. it puzzled him greatly. what cause their eyes to dissappear through adolescance?
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:05 pm

Most would probably be offended by the innocent question and Olive had to remind herself that was all it was, she doubted he meant any insults. Flashing a proud simper Olive replied. "I was adopted by a family of tanks at a young age, they already had a daughter who was also a tank sooooo yeah a 500 pound teenager flopping on little ol' me didn't end too well. As for my eyes..." her lips pursed in thought, flashing back to her early days. "I'm not sure if I am remembering correctly but I believe it happened when I was around 9, my uncle was teaching me how to attack survivors, however being a hunter and him a tank our styles were completely different. I would charge out in the open like he would do instead of pouncing from the shadows." Cringing slightly at the memory Olive nervously laughed. "Out if sheer instinct I jumped one of them and beat them with fists and not claws. I wasn't really strong enough to inflict serious damage so they jabbed my left eye out with a rusty nail." Again she was lost in her reminisce. Unconsciously she stroked right under her missing eyes, scars used to be there before she met Dr. Arnold. "As a teen people made fun of my one eyes calling me names like 'pirate girl' finally getting sick of the verbal abuse I clawed out my left one, I think I recall my uncle telling me that they were brown." Another sip of her coffee ended her story and she stared at Mikey just watching his reaction.
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonNightwind Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:45 pm

EveryDayImShufflin wrote:Mikey looked down at the assorted food before him. "Oh...uhm...I honestly don't know..." He was very hungry in truth, and he wasn't particularly picky. everything looked tasty to him. "Anything look good to you?"

Wow, this post of his is only 36 words long. What happened to the 100 word minimum? I know it is hard to think of anything to say, but .....

CrimsonNightwind

Back to top Go down

Post  TenderFoot Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:57 pm

CrimsonNightwind wrote:
EveryDayImShufflin wrote:Mikey looked down at the assorted food before him. "Oh...uhm...I honestly don't know..." He was very hungry in truth, and he wasn't particularly picky. everything looked tasty to him. "Anything look good to you?"

Wow, this post of his is only 36 words long. What happened to the 100 word minimum? I know it is hard to think of anything to say, but .....

I already addressed the problem to him directly, and in the newest update in the 'Announcements' section. Though thank you for being aware and trying to fix the problem. :> It is appreciated when the members look out for each other.
TenderFoot
TenderFoot
Admin

http://l4ms.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:01 am

Michael listened intently to her story. "Whoa, that's interesting!" He reflected back on his own story in his mind as well, in a way comparing his to hers in a way. "I have something wrong with my other eye." He puled the layers of choppy black hair out of his face to reveal his other eye, the same coal black as the other but somewhat dull and dialated. "Ever since I was infected, this eye has made my vision terrible. i didn't want an eye patch because i didn't want people making fun of my for that along with my arm and leg. so i threw some hair over it and now I can see just fine." He moved it back over the ill eye. "I remember, about a week or two after I was just getting used to being an Infected, a girl smoker went up to me and asked if I was a rock star." The boy chuckled softly at the sweet memory.
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:52 am

Hmm why didn’t she think of that when she was younger? Maybe ripping her eye out was exactly the best idea; well that’s what ya get for listening to pure pressure. “Haha better than what I did.” She grinned, looking off in another direction, and then at the clock. “Wow the day went by fast…it’s already 2:30.” She snapped back to Mikey in surprise. What else was there to do now that more than half the day just vanished? Olive supposed Evan would be in the clinic like he always is, eager to get home. She wondered what Mikey’s home was like. A while back she recalled him talking about his mother. A smiled crossed her cheeks; she bet that his mom was just as kind as he.
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum