Left 4 Middle School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Carnation Corner~

2 posters

Go down

~Carnation Corner~ Empty ~Carnation Corner~

Post  DEADsmile41 Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:58 am

"OH my GOD it's so cold out here," muttered Penelope who was finishing up her yard work outside her shop. There was a chilly breeze flowing about and the temperature was at a freezing 20 degrees. Penelope couldn't believe it hadn't snowed yet. The female witch did her best to not think about the cold and focus on watering her plants before opening up her shop. It was 7: 55 in the morning and her shop usually opened at 8:05, it shouldn't take too long. It was still early so the environment was nice and quiet for Penelope to think right. Penelope thought the flowers looked extra nice today, since it was December she had an assortment of special seasonal flowers to put out on display. The customers always loved the different arrangement of flowers and Penny liked it when she saw her customers happily shopping for holiday flowers.

Penelope went around the sides of her shop, watering each plant as she passed. Soon she reached the others side and watered her last plant. "There, finally done," The witch sighed in a satisfied breath. It was two minutes until opening time, yup it didn't take long at all. Penelope was then interrupted by a cold gust of wind.

"Yup! Totally going inside now!" Penelope thought and she hurried to the front of her shop to the entrance. The sliding screen doors opened up before her. "Ahh, warmth~," Penny thought with relief when the warm air hit her. Not only was Penelope's shop a regular store, it was also a Greenhouse. It kept the plants and flowers inside warm so that they could get their regular dose of "sunlight." Penny walked to the counter and set her winter attire down and switched to her regular green apron she used for work. She then stepped behind the counter and flipped a switch activating the electronic "OPEN" sign near the window next to the entrance.

"Ah, another day to spread some early holiday cheer," Penny said with a smile looking at the different rows of colorful holiday flowers out on display."YOU said it my friend!" Penny's eyes immediately turned a bright yellow from their usual crimson red and she jump backed startled when she heard that all too familiar squeaky loud voice that was right next to her. "GAH! FRIDA! How the frick did you get in here?!" she huffed when she focused her now red eyes towards the teenage female Jockey slumped over on the other side of the counter wearing her winter clothes and her backpack strapped on her shoulder.

"Um, hellooo I have an extra key for the back room remember?" She stated dangling a key in front of Penelope's face with a smirk. Penny completely forgot she gave Frida an extra key just in case she was late for opening her shop. She just stared at the key with a displeased expression. "Riiiight...okay well what are you even doing here? You don't usually come here unless I'm running late," Penelope said crossing her arms focusing her eyes back to Frida. "It was COLD AT MY HOUSE...", Frida whined slumping more on the counter, "...I figured since it's always warm inside your shop, I could just get my stuff and hang out here before I head off to school." Frida said with a cheesy smile at the end.

"Hmm...well I can't argue with that, it has been getting pretty cold now with it being December and all." Penny shrugged. She couldn't really argue that fact all too much since it was so true. "So what do you have planned? Any exciting tasks you got to get done today?", Frida jumped up from her slumped posture and stood up straight with her 'excited' smile on.

"...Now that you mention it...I'm not sure what's gonna happen today," Penny said thinking of what could possibly happen on a regular holiday weekday. Mostly the regular routine was tend to flowers, help customers, take a break, help more customers, get flower orders, and close up. Penelope couldn't think of anything that could make the day any different. Penelope then glanced at the clock hanging on the wall behind the counter, 8:18 A.M, her head then jerked back to her jockey friend. "Wait don't you start school at 8:30??" she said with a little concern.

Frida jerked her head to the clock, her smile turned into a shocked frown. The school was at least a 7-8 minute walk from the store and Frida HATED being late. "OH SNAP I gotta get going! The jockey said jogging to the sliding doors. "I'll talk to you later, SEE YA!" Frida waved behind her and she jogged out the doors and went down the straight away through the park. " Yeah I'll---see yeah later then," she muttered when she then noticed Frida was gone just like that. Penelope chuckled when Frida left in such a hurry, "haha its not like she's been late before, she's so over reactive." Penelope chuckled to herself, soon focusing back to the still empty store. She remembered what Frida asked, 'If something exciting was going to happen that day.'

"Hmm, I wonder if something will happen today..." the witch sighed and slumped in a chair that was placed behind the counter. Today may be a long day after all.
DEADsmile41
DEADsmile41

http://ppgxrrb-fan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

~Carnation Corner~ Empty Re: ~Carnation Corner~

Post  Meral-Donei Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:50 am

Meral pulled open the flower shop's door slowly.
"Hellooo? Anyone here at all?" Meral tilted her head, not noticing the short witch sitting behind the counter. She felt a buzz of excitement travel from head-to-toe in her body. She had eavesdropped on some of her teachers and peers at school, talking about a small shop called Carnation Corner, which caught had caught her curiousity.
"I'd like to buy a few flowers!" The huntress waited for a response.
Meral-Donei
Meral-Donei

Back to top Go down

Post  DEADsmile41 Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:49 pm

Penelope flinched when she heard the small female voice. Being up so early sort of made her tired to the point where she slowly drifts off and forgets about reality. Penelope glanced around the shop to where the voice came from. She looked to find a small huntress near the sliding glass doors looking at the flowers near the front.The Witch was surprised, she usually saw younger kids with their parents rather than by themselves. "Hmm, well that's something new," Penny thought thinking back to Frida's question. The Witch smiled and turned to the young customer.

"Hehe well you've come to the right place then," Penny said in a soft voice standing up from her chair. She then walked around the counter picking up her sun hat along with her. Once she put it on she was then completely ready for business . "I have all sorts of flowers here. Daisies, Carnations, Lilies, Roses...almost anything really," Penny said point out the different variety of plants as she passed by them. She then got to the location where the huntress was standing. Penny glanced at the table the girl was looking at, they were full of the new seasonal Poinsettias put for sale.

"We also have a selection of special flowers put out for the Winter season," Penny stated while rearranging the bright red flowers. They sure did give the room a much more colorful environment. She then faced back to the young huntress, smiled, and adjusted her hat. "So, what kind of flowers would you be interested in buying today?" Penny asked cheerfully.

DEADsmile41
DEADsmile41

Back to top Go down

Post  Meral-Donei Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:18 am

Meral gazed around the cute little flower shop, trying to spot the right flower. Finally, a lovely arrangement of daisies, tiger lilies, and pink roses had caught her attention.
"How about that one?" She pointed her short finger in the direction of the colorful flowers.
The short huntress felt her stomach flutter. She had never been in a flower shop as adorable as this... The flower shop owner glided over to the small bouquet, and brought it back to the front desk, placing it gently next to the register.
"Okay, this will cost about...", The witch squinted at the price tag. "...$15.95!"
Meral stuck her claws into her pockets, searching desperately for some cash.
Aha! She felt three paper bills against her skin, and dragged them out of her pockets.
Okay, five dollars, ten dollars...CRAP! Meral stared down at the green bills in disappointment.
"Oh no, I only have eleven bucks! Is there anything I could do to help pay off the rest of this?"
The young woman tapped her claws against the counter, keeping to her thoughts for a few moments.
Meral felt guilt sweep over her mind. Had she frustrated her in any way?
Meral-Donei
Meral-Donei

Back to top Go down

Post  DEADsmile41 Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:04 am

((Wait you do know the person with their character has the right in what they say and do, right? No one else can "control" what they say and do.))
DEADsmile41
DEADsmile41

Back to top Go down

Post  Meral-Donei Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:14 am

(CRAP got carried away *derp*)
Meral-Donei
Meral-Donei

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content