Left 4 Middle School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Park! ....So orange!

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Park! ....So orange!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Park! ....So orange!

Post  TheOperator Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:50 am

Olivia was silent for many long moments, her unseen expression hurt. She played with Wolfram's fur for a bit as she mulled over his words.

"I would if i could." she finally whispered, tearing up. "But i was born this way and i have no choice but to be what I am." She put her head in her arms and cried silently. Wolfram snorted and prodded her cheeks with his nose, licking her face and whining in agitation. The dog looked up when he heard a familiar shuffle.

"There you are, irritable dog." growled Logan as he approached. The hybrid paused and looked at Olivia with his hands on his hips. His eyes went from her crying form to the door of the safe house.

"Did that human make you cry?" he grunted.

Olivia nodded, not looking up.

Logan scratched his head and looked around, before sighing. He turned and went to the safe house door, pressing against the wall out of sight. He knocked on the lower part of the door.

"Yo, Immune red-head! You do realize you made a little girl cry?" Logan grunted.
TheOperator
TheOperator

Back to top Go down

Post  TenderFoot Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:22 am

“Pftppfh!” Todd scoffed loudly, almost laughing nervously again. “Yeah well that’s not my fault either!” The frantic teenager kept his eyes on the gaps of the safe house door. His ears strained; he could hear Olivia mumbling something but he couldn’t quite figure out what the girl was saying. He pursed his lips, frowning and growing a little frustrated.

“Ahhgh! What do you want? Why can’t you just leave me alone already-“ He shut up when another voice sounded; it was deeper than Olivia’s and sounded like an adult male. Todd backed up against the brick wall and clung to his gun tightly, making his knuckles go white. His dark blue eyes never left the door, he could hear the voices but he still couldn’t see them. Finally, Todd found his voice again, “Y-yeah well…She won’t leave me alone!” Ah crap, why the hell am I stuttering like a scared bitch? I’m the one with the assault rifle in my hands! “I’m warning you again! I mean… I told you before and she didn’t listen. But if you don’t leave soon I am gonna shoot you!” The back of his hoodie scrapped against the brick roughly, snagging onto the prickly texture in places.
TenderFoot
TenderFoot
Admin

http://l4ms.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TheOperator Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:18 pm

"Oh really?" Logan was unimpressed. "You'd really go through with using a gun on a crying little girl? For shame. Now me on the other hand, I could be watching you with a sniper gun, hidden somewhere yonder. The moment I see you exit this room....well, there could be a warning shot that cuts some strands of hair off." He scratched his chin lazily as Olivia stared at him in shock. Wolfram snorted again just to add his own two bits in. "It seems to me that you two were getting along fairly well, and you just had this change of heart when you discovered she was a spitter."

Olivia nodded.
"Tell him i would never attack him!" she whispered.

"She says to tell you she'd never attack you. Besides, had she wanted to eat you or whatever it is you got going through your head, wouldn't she have done it the moment you first encountered her?" Logan continued with his lazy drone.
TheOperator
TheOperator

Back to top Go down

Post  TenderFoot Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:26 am

Todd ground his teeth together and glowered at the door. “What do you think I am? Stupid?!” He scoffed, now starting to get pissed. You can’t argue with zombies, they’re freaking zombies! Trying to reason with them was like trying to fill up an endless hole with water. Nothing but frustration. “Crying little gi- Yeah, no shit I would shot her head off! Last time I saw someone trying to help a witch she gutted them like a freakin’ bird!” He huffed angrily, hard glare unmoving. “And nice try but infected can’t use guns, they lack the hand n’ eye coordination. Plus you’re right at the door, numbnuts. Now that you threatened me. I will have no problem blowing your head off either!” Todd pushed himself off the wall with his shoulders, determination burning in his eyes. He raised the assault rifle and made sure the butt of the gun was resting against the front of his shoulder, he lined the barrel up with his eye and slowly edged himself to the right. He kept a careful eye on the outside for any signs of movement, figuring the infected man was hanging off to the side out of view. “I swear to fucking God, if you don’t leave right now. You’re gonna die.” He muttered under his breath, face screwing up in concentration. “That’s my last fucking warning!” Todd growled, slowly moving his finger over the trigger. “…Leave.”
TenderFoot
TenderFoot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheOperator Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:22 am

Logan snorted.
"Boy, I was a soldier for 10 years before i got my guts shredded by a witch and my throat collapsed by a smoker. I have more weapon experience than you do since this outbreak. tell you what. We'll leave, but I will have my eye on you. whenever you step out, I'll be watching to make sure you don't harm any of my students without good reason. When you-" He got cut off by Olivia.

"But Mr. Andersson! You can't skip class! Imagine the destruction that will be left in the wake of you skipping a class!" D:

Logan growled. >_> "Fine then. I will be watching you before and after school hours."

He turned and put a hand on Olivia's shoulder, steering her away and around the back of the building.
"Come, Ms. Shroedir. This human is beyond speaking, too set in his fear to attempt to reach out to new boundaries."

As he led her away, Olivia looked back; saddened. She made a silent promise that she would attempt to be Todd's friend...without getting herself harmed. She had a sudden idea. perhaps he needed food! Or what was that she'd heard him muttering earlier? something about entertainment...hrm...she'd find someway to prove that she wasn't what he thought she was.
TheOperator
TheOperator

Back to top Go down

Post  TenderFoot Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:51 am

The words from the older male were shut out from Todd’s ears. No matter what was told to Todd, he would never believe that zombies could handle firearms. That’s just like saying dinosaurs could shoot a gun too! Now that’s just crazy; if they could do that, then why aren’t they still on the planet today? With guns, surely they would be able to prevent their own extinction…right? That is…unless the reason for their extinction was a nuclear war. Okay, wait, Todd shook his head roughly, What the fuck am I even thinking about now? Dinosaurs? This is stupid. If he didn’t wanna hear what he wanted to hear, then what was the point listening? Todd knew that if he listened to the infected’s trickery it was only going to leave him more frustrated and scared.

He kept the weapon raised, sights trained on any hint of movement. He caught some of the words that the stranger had said, something about keeping an eye on him. Jesus fuck! Why did they have so much fun in making the situation worse!? Now Todd’s paranoia was increased tenfold when he stepped outside the safe room. At this point, Todd wasn’t even sure he was going to ever do that again! Winter was coming and he was planning on holding up in the dingy room for the season until it got warmer…but now it looks like his plans were maybe fast-forwarded about a few weeks. Shit.

Once the couple and their deranged dog left Todd alone, he lowered the assault rifle with a tired sigh. He let the strap fall off his shoulder as the teen removed it from his body, he clicked the safety on again removed the ammo magazine, tossing it back into the large pile of bullets on a table. No need to keep it loaded, when there weren’t zombies around. The only thing that might accomplish is Todd shooting his own foot off or something. With another tired sigh, he replaced the weapon on the rack and then flopped down on the futon he managed to swipe and store into the safe house. Was this really how the redheaded teen was going to spend the rest of his life? Trapped in this stupid government installed safe house, only leaving every once and a while when his brother Tadd returned. What if one day, Tadd didn’t return? What then? Todd groaned into the pillow his face was buried in and then rolled to his side, bringing his knees up slightly to curl into a ball. Then he reached for the ratty turtle plush that was off to the other side of his bed and grabbed it. Bringing the stuffed animal back to his head, he used it as a make-shift pillow. Todd frowned to himself as he reflected upon his current situation. At one point he thought the future would never involve returning back to this crummy place. He wondered what it would be like if Victor was still alive, or if Tadd never came back to the city that first time. He hid his pout in the turtle plush and peered over its green fur towards the door. He glared rigidly at the heavy metal bars and the flaking red paint, one bitter thought crossing his mind. Too late now…
TenderFoot
TenderFoot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheOperator Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:57 am

A couple hours later, Olivia stood in the park again, clutching a small bag tightly to her chest. She looked around furtively, then scurried over to a bush. She peered out, saw no one, then rolled to another bush. She did this as far as she could to the safe house she'd seen todd run into, then she hunched and scurried around the back.

Finally reaching the safe house, she pressed herself out of sight and took a breath. She knew he was dangerous now, and she didn't intend on getting hurt. She carefully crawled forward, keeping low and out of sight. Once the spitter reached the door, she carefully place her package beside it, where he couldn't possibly miss it, then she turned and ran.

Inside the package she's placed an old gameboy, a package of batteries, several random gameboy games (she just threw random things in there), as well as a sandwich. She hoped he'd see them soon, and would actually open the bag rather than just throwing it out.

TheOperator
TheOperator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheOperator Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:03 am

She suddenly screeched to a halt, pondered something for a moment, then bolted back to the safe house and crouched in a hidden spot to stare at the door. She decided she would stay until she saw Todd do.... something ......with the bag.

She pulled her knees to her chest and the young spitter sat there and stared at the door. She wondered how the human was doing...why he was alone...and where his own family was, if he had one. Olivia couldn't see Todd not having a family. She figured it was just a question of where they were at the moment.
TheOperator
TheOperator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2