Left 4 Middle School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Actually Did Some Cooking!

3 posters

Go down

I Actually Did Some Cooking!  Empty I Actually Did Some Cooking!

Post  CrimsonAngelofShadow Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Well GUESS WHAT?? I tried cooking some free-style, experimentally made, from-scratch, pasta spaghetti without any recipe to refer to other than my own knowledge of how-to-make-spaghetti I've obtained from my dad whom makes really good pasta.... aaaaaaaaand, I learned a few things...

1. cook less noodles than ya think ya need. Aka, don't cook two boxes of noodles with only one jar of sauce. (at least I was smart enough to use a big pot)

2. Though chicken is interesting to substitute ground beef with, ground beef is the better choice since it absorbs the flavors ideally and spreads evenly throughout the sauce.

3. Get your ingredients out and prepared FIRST before starting the heat.

4. one or two of the particular seasonings has to be dominant in the cooking, if spread with even amounts of each it won't have a distinct taste.

5. Don't just plan ahead, think it through THOROUGHLY when experimenting with food, unless you know exactly what you're making.

Well, amazingly, my dad makes it LOOK easy 8u even though he tries to teach me whenever he can. Well, in the end, my spaghetti turned out okay-ish... rather disappointed, mainly because I cooked too much noodles and found out we only had one jar of sauce instead of two. And I should of cut up the vegetables before hand, because I ended up adding them to the sauce a little late, so it's half cooked unfortunately. At least nothing burned! eue; And I did a good job cooking the chicken and noodles, yay~ Very Happy

Oh, and here's the tips my dad gave me about cooking that I used in this experiment:

1. When cutting frozen chicken breasts, cut it before it's entirely thawed out. Because that way it isn't so jiggly and is much easier to cut.

2. Add the seasoning while the food is still cooking, not after. That way it absorbed into the food.

3. They say adding a bit of mustard to the sauce is a secret ingredient to restaurant spaghetti.

4. Start cooking the meat after you add in the noodles to the boiling water, that way the noodles are finished by the time the meat is finished.

5. if you want the water to boil faster, add some salt into the pot of water.
CrimsonAngelofShadow
CrimsonAngelofShadow

Back to top Go down

I Actually Did Some Cooking!  Empty Re: I Actually Did Some Cooking!

Post  Meral-Donei Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:32 am

Oooh really?
Now I'm hungry pfft.
Meral-Donei
Meral-Donei

Back to top Go down

Post  AdikPer-Per Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:04 am

Sounds lovely dear. hehehe, I should practice my cooking. I CAN'T LIVE ON CAKES!
AdikPer-Per
AdikPer-Per

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonAngelofShadow Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:08 pm

LOL, cakes, oh man I WISH! XD Share please? Nah, I'm just kidding. But that would just be AWESOME if you could eat food without having to worry about gaining weight or unhelpful nutrients, right? In fact, half the reason people eat is because it's delicious. Why don't scientists make some sort of gum or something they can chew on PURELY for the taste of good food, ya?
CrimsonAngelofShadow
CrimsonAngelofShadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum