Left 4 Middle School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imaginative Greetings

2 posters

Go down

Imaginative Greetings Empty Imaginative Greetings

Post  TenderFoot Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:52 am

After school hours, there was no reason for every single light to be on in the auditorium. There was also no reason for a single student to be digging through the props and costumes behind the stage curtains.

Every day since the school year started, a student named Sally Lynch walked past the auditorium everyday on her way to science class. Usually Sally wasn’t one to pry or be late to class; but curiosity eventually got the best of her and she would peek into the large theater through the heavy double doors. Every day she did this and found the same thing; a completely dark and empty theater that looked as if it hadn’t been used in years. A few weeks of peering into the auditorium between classes passed before the small witch girl gathered enough courage to step inside.

She made her visit after school had ended and all of her homework was finished. The dark room was intimidating at first; but Sally felt herself sighing in relief when she flipped on the light switch and the dim pre-show spotlights filled the area and gave it a much more pleasant glow. She held her arms tightly to her front, clicking her long claws against one another as she explored. The room held a heavy and dusty feel; every little sound she made echoed and bounced off the wide walls of the area. Once she stepped up onto the barren stage, her quiet footfalls on the wooden floor were amplified tenfold. Sally looked around nervously, almost scared that a teacher might burst in at any moment and yell at her to leave. The young witch shuddered at the thought.

Minutes passed and there was nothing but the same stiff silence that was present when she first entered the auditorium. The girl relaxed a little and turned her attention to the curtains. She reached a sleeve covered hand out and pulled them back to reveal racks of costumes and piles of props. Sally felt her stomach squirm excitedly; the imagination gears in her head started turning and she couldn’t help but get to work. Creeping further, she managed to find a small square table with wheels on the bottom to make it easier for moving across the stage. Grabbing the edges carefully, she pushed it past the back curtains and into the center of the empty stage. She let go of the table and walked around the table, inspecting and adjusting it slightly until it met her requirements. Now….the table is ready… the princess is late for supper… She thought, blushing a little at her own foolishness. Putting it aside, she went back behind stage to search for some costumes.
TenderFoot
TenderFoot
Admin

http://l4ms.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Imaginative Greetings Empty Re: Imaginative Greetings

Post  Pluvicorn Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:02 am

To say The tall, lanky male was annoyed would be an understatement. He was just about ready to leave the school and go about his daily business (which was really just getting a meal and sitting at home alone in front of the television), when he was instructed that he was to be the one in charge of checking on the school after hours. When he tried to explain his unhappiness, he was very swiftly shut down. Not that he could really argue the matter at all anyways...

So Favian walked towards the school after locking his car, mumbling a bit under his breath in his usual fashion, "Go check on the school. It's your job. Fuckin' budget cuts. This is the job of a janitor! Not someone with a god-damn masters in Mathematics." What was he going to do if some punks were actually here? Did they really think that he was going to be able to stop them? With his skeletal build and weakened acid, he could probably do as much damage to a trespasser as a bucket of hot water could.

Sighing at this assessment, he looked up from behind his thin black bangs to see something odd. He slowed his walking a bit as he saw it, his eyes turning into a frown. Why were the lights in the auditorium on? He hadn't been told that there was going to be some after-hours class or use for it. A sinking feeling went into his gut (or lack there of) and he gulped a bit, swallowing down the little dribble of acid he could feel leaking from his nervous mouth.

Walking towards the doors slowly and quietly, he then very softly opened the door, making sure to stay as quiet and cautious as possible. He would just peek in and see what it was. If it was something he couldn't handle, he'd book it out of there as quickly as those thin legs could carry him.

Slowly looking in, he saw movement around the stage area. He noted the small size of the figure, and assessed it was obviously a student. But what was a student doing in here alone? He then softly cleared his throat, wanting to call attention to himself, but obviously he wasn't there to scare her. "Excuse me... do you have permission to be in here?" he asked then, his frown still on his face. Of course, most of his face was covered by his signature mask, leaving only his eyes and tone of voice to portray emotion.
Pluvicorn
Pluvicorn

http://imaxgirlxnixkel.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TenderFoot Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:36 am

The small witch girl almost jumped out of her skin and couldn’t help but make a little noise of surprise when a voice suddenly echoed through the auditorium. She was lucky she was calm before or she might have been startled into a deadly rampage. Oh, she always hated doing that!

Nevertheless, she noticed that she started shaking; the unexpected visitor’s voice sounded male and deep so they were probably an adult. Her green flu infected blood felt like it had been replaced with ice. Oh my… I’m probably going to get into so much trouble! I’m going to get detention and maybe even a mark on my permanent record! On all my college applications they’ll see the one mar I collected on my papers and I will never be able to live it down, it will follow me till the day I diiiie! Oh no, oh no! I shouldn’t have come into here after class; I can’t believe how stupid I am. Dumb curiosity! Sally hyperventilated as quietly and quickly as possible, trying to get herself to calm down. She looked down and saw that her claws pierced through a dress she had been looking at. She must have been so surprised that she didn’t even notice she did it. Immediately, Sally felt ten times more horrible.

By the time she managed to shuffle herself out from behind the curtain, she was on the brink of tears. Her feet felt like they had cement shoes attached to them, and overall she felt incredibly small and intimidated. She held her hidden claws tightly to the front of her chest, keeping her eyes on the floor in shame. She didn’t dare look up and see who had caught her snooping around in the theater. She felt bad enough for trespassing and ruining that pretty dress…Her voice was so quiet, the only way you could hear it if you weren’t breathing. “…I….I…I didn’t m-mean too….” Her eyes burned and she reached up to wipe it with her long purple sleeve.
TenderFoot
TenderFoot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pluvicorn Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:22 am

Oh, it was just a little girl. He blinked a bit, looking to her shuffling out from behind the curtain, looking meek and sad. Again, the sinking feeling came in. A witch. Why was he always strapped with such trouble? He tried not to discriminate against his students and their type, but he always felt uneasy against those with obviously stronger powers. With his mother giving him the genes of a Spitter, he was weak even in comparison to a common immune. And with his mixed blood, he didn't even have proper acid to protect himself with. He had the ability to burn eyes and give rashes. Inconveniences, but not life-threatening.

And here was a little girl who, if provoked, could very easily give him a whole heap of trouble. And the fact that she looked close to tears was not good. Not good at all. He then shifted a bit nervously. Some adult he was, frightened by a little girl. "Listen, it's after hours. Being here alone is dangerous. If you got hurt, none of the teachers would know you were here, understand?" he asked, his voice going just a bit gentler. He took a few steps forward, raising a bony hand and rubbing the back of his head a bit, trying to think of the proper things to say in order to stop any confrontation.

"Come on. If you promise to not do it again without permission, I'll let you off with a warning." What would be seen as kindness, would be more closely related to cowardice. He was too frighted to see her reaction to actually assign her detention. Not that he felt she deserved it, but noting his fairly selfish way of thinking would be good. Self preservation, that was the number one thing going on in his mind.

Reaching the girl, he held out a hand for her to help her down from the stage, "What were you doing in here anyway?" he then asked, curiosity getting the better of him. What was so great about an empty theater? Most of the student would be more drawn to the playground or sports fields. Well, usual students were. He was one of the few that hid himself away in a library to escape the bullies. Books, a Tank's number one weakness.
Pluvicorn
Pluvicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  TenderFoot Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Oh gosh, here it was. She was going to get detention if she didn’t come up with a good reason for why she was here. C’mon think of an excuse! Your college degree depends on it! Sally tried to speak but she found that her throat was suddenly dry and she only managed a pitiful squeak. Her pale face flushed red in embarrassment. She clacked her claws against each other, a nervous habit she picked up several years ago. The frightened witch swallowed and tried to speak again, “ I…I…came in because… all the l-lights were on…a-and I wanted to s-see if…anyone was i-in here…” She glanced over at the table she had placed in center stage about ten minutes ago. “I….was…going to c-clean up…” Her cheeks still smoldered with humiliation. She felt guilty for lying to a teacher, but it was better than the alternate option; soiling her name as a troublemaker to a possible teacher. She dared to look at the adult, peeking at him through her pale blonde bangs. She realized that she hadn’t seen this man before and didn’t know if he was teacher but still… he obviously worked at the school. She was able to determine that much.

Sally looked at the man again and noticed this time that he was holding his hand out to help her down from the stage. Nervously, she extended her sleeve covered claws towards his hand. She kept her arm as close to herself as she could though, so the only thing this man would be able to grab were the tentative claw tips just barely poking out from underneath her sleeves. She really didn’t feel comfortable letting a stranger touch her but she didn’t want to be rude either. “I…won’t do it a-again,” he voice wobbled, it sounded like she was on the edge of a breakdown and she such as heck felt like it.
TenderFoot
TenderFoot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pluvicorn Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Someone had left the lights on? He looked around a bit. Did that mean that someone else had broken in already and had left? Or... was he still here? His hand gave a little shake. For someone who was supposed to be a teacher, he sure was gullible. But her excuse just gave him more of a reason to want to leave that place quickly. "Alright." he said then very gingerly touched her hand, allowing her claw tips to rest on his own fingers. In a way a gentleman would lightly touch the hand of a lady before placing a kiss on top. For being an infected, he was oddly civilized and timid. It was probably due to the fact that he spent more time reading and to himself than going out hunting humans or anything like that. He had read enough to know how to be a gentleman.

"It's alright." he said then, noting her nervousness even more. Was there nothing he could say that would get her to calm down? "You came in to help, right? I'm not mad." he tried to explain to get her to not start freaking out. He could feel his throat feeling slippery with acid and he gulped it back. He really was nervous. He wanted to close up this place, lock it up and go home.

Then lightly pulling her towards him with his hand, he then helped her off of the stage. Once on the ground, it was apparent now that he towered over her in height. To think, he had been so frightened over such a small thing. Though, thinking size was a weakness was very dumb.

"It's starting to get a bit dark." he stated, looking out the window connected to the door out. "I can take you home?" he said this as a question, because he wasn't sure if asking to do so was a bad idea. After all, she was hanging around here after school on her own. Were her parents home? Or maybe she didn't have parents? Wait, how could she get into this school without parents... that was just silly. Her parents were probably... working? His mind seemed to drift off a bit, lingering on odd thoughts. By doing so, he wasn't aware that he hadn't pulled his hand away from the girl's. Which was odd, because any other time he would have quickly put distance between himself and his students. But perhaps her timid cuteness put him into a false sense of security. as if he didn't feel very much in danger being by her.
Pluvicorn
Pluvicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  TenderFoot Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:07 am

Sally quickly brought her claws back to her chest when she was placed on the ground. She just hated her claws, and wished she didn’t have them. The witch didn’t even want others to know she had them, which was an impossible feat but keeping them out of sight was a simple thing to do. If they weren’t seen, maybe others near her would forget…? She would even hope that sometimes they forget she was a crybaby witch who would get upset over every little thing. “T-thanks…” She murmured to the ground and trying to control the shaking in her voice.

Her long claws made little clicking noises as she shifted them against one another nervously. “I…usually stay after class….to do extra work….t-they don’t mind…” She said to the other, trying to avoid getting in trouble even more. At least that part was true, and she was sure her teachers would vouch for her. But she hadn’t realized that it was actually dark outside; it’s not like there were any windows in the auditorium or anything. She still felt extremely uncomfortable around this man, she had no idea who he was and it’s not like he introduced himself. The witch girl was growing an unpleasant feeling in the pit of her stomach; one of suspicion because she knew that he wasn’t the janitor. Why was he here? Why should he be the only one questioning around here?

Without realizing it she had taken a few shy footsteps away from him, still huddled together like some sort of frightened rabbit. “I…I walk home by myself…I can do it…” If it was dark out (Goodness, where did the time go?), she would feel a little edgy walking home by herself. But being a witch, she did prefer darkness over the bright glare of the sun. Still…it was walking home in the dark. Alone. In the city. “S-sorry if it’s my fault you’re here…” Sally stuttered out the words, turning away from the stranger and trying to leave the theater as unnoticeably as possible.
TenderFoot
TenderFoot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pluvicorn Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:26 am

Favian was pulled from his thoughts as her hand pulled away from him. He blinked then and looked to her. Still trembling like that. Was he really that frightening a creature? If she had been human he could see how she would feel uneasy, but he didn't look bad in relation to a zombie, did he? He even had his suit on and his most gruesome feature (his mouth) was completely covered. But, there she was, shaking non-the-less. Extra work? His eyes seemed to gain a very soft kindness to them. He understood how that was. He had been somewhat the same. A very soft chuckle came from his throat and he smiled under his mouth mask, "Alright." he said, nodding his head in understanding. Perhaps this little one wasn't as bad as some of the other rambunctious and wild kids this school had.

Noting how she was shying away from him, he stayed where he was. If she didn't want to be near him, it wasn't as if he could make her stay. If he grabbed her, she'd probably snap and attack him. Or he'd have a lawsuit filed against him for touching a little girl. That would also be very bad.

By herself? Now that didn't sound good. Sure, she was a witch and could very well take care of herself but it was dark, and sometimes some unhappy survivors chose then to go and hunt down some zombies. The thought of that made him shutter a bit. Now he was too scared to be out so late himself. Truly pathetic. Of course he was overreacting a bit. The chances of having a run-in with a rogue survivor was very slim, especially in this town.

Seeing her walking out, he followed, allowing her space so she didn't feel as if he was stalking her or something along those lines, "It is not your fault." He sighed, "It's the school's. The Janitor is on sick leave, so I was told to check on the school instead... even though I'm just the advanced math teacher." he grumbled to himself. He still was a bit sour about that.
Pluvicorn
Pluvicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  TenderFoot Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:03 am

So he is a teacher… That little fact had calmed the conflicting sides battling it out in Sally’s mind. Advanced mathematics too… If Sally didn’t know any better… “I…I think I’m supposed to be in your c-class…” She glimpsed at him from over her shoulder. He had been following her but she didn’t mind so much anymore. Her shoulders loosened up slightly and they drooped, causing her purple sweater to slip off her right shoulder a little. She was used to that, which is why she wore a black long sleeved shirt underneath as well. She looked back ahead in the hallway, and noticed her locker was nearby.

“S-school just started…and I was transferred into… a more advanced…c-class….” Sally paused in front of her locker and stared at the combination lock. She always hated doing this. Using one long claw from each hand, she used one to hold at the bottom of the spinning dial while she used the other to slowly turn it for the correct code. After the third failed attempt, she finally got it open. She stuck her claw into the handle loop and pulled it open gently. Every once in a while during her proceedings, she would glance over at the newly discovered math teacher to see what he was doing. Nothing…suspicious… Sally couldn’t help but feel paranoid of most things. She blamed her witch blood. All of her books she was planning on re-reading today were neatly placed into her purple princess backpack. Removing it from the hook, she put her arms through the loops and threw it onto her back. Adjusting it on her shoulders, Sally half thought that all these books might weigh twice as much as she did. However she tried to hide the effort of carrying her backpack as much as she could. After all she DID do this everyday.

“Sorry…I-I needed some books…” She said guiltily to the man who had been waiting nearby the whole time. A teacher does have to be patient… you suppose. The girl traced her orange eyes back down to here equally orange shoes. “I…live about… a 20 minute walk from here…I don’t want to keep you waiting…” She scuffed one of her shoes over the other one, vaguely wondering if carrying this huge backpack made her spindly legs look like they were about to break.

Last edited by TenderFoot on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : his -> her)
TenderFoot
TenderFoot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pluvicorn Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:43 am

Favian followed almost obediently. He was more of a follower than a leader anyway. So he didn't seem to mind that fact that he was following the smaller girl without much argument or looking as if he wanted to leave. Though he did, he knew he had to make sure she got off the campus first. It was his job after all, and the least he could do was make sure he did his job correctly. He blinked, looking to her. She was to be in his class? But she looked so young! Well, younger than the usual kids in his class, "Well, I hope to see you during class then." he said, his eyes smiling to her. The last he could do was be kind. Though he hoped she was sure about the advanced class. After all, a lot of the other students found his courses difficult.

He stopped walking once they reached her locker. He stood there, scratching at his neck a bit, the raw, scared skin where his acid had dripped and tore away the skin. It itched from time to time, but he was a bit grateful that he didn't have any boils or large tumors like some of the other infected had. Though he didn't have lips. And like his mother, his jaw was a bit disfigured.

Slowly blinking he then sighed a bit, pushing his hair from his face, his bangs being pushed back just a bit, being slicked back as he usually had it while at work. "In twenty minutes, it will be completely pitch black out." he commented, looking to her and then sighing a bit, "You walk home at this time every night?" he asked her a bit uneasily. He shouldn't allow her to walk home at this time. If he did, he'd be the most irresponsible adult on the planet. "Listen, I have a car here..." he started and then let out a laugh, "Though I guess that's not going to work..." going into the car of an unknown man? He was sure she would refuse, "Or, I could walk you home." he then offered, pushing his hands into his pockets a bit, curious to see if she would agree or deny him. It was her choice, he supposed. He just didn't need to get attacked by her mother or father because he let her walk home alone and she was attacked. That wouldn't be good. He'd probably lose yet another job that way...
Pluvicorn
Pluvicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  TenderFoot Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Sally blinked once and turned her head upward to stare at the man. “Dark…? Well…..seeing in the dark r-really….isn’t a problem…f-for me…” She looked at him oddly, tilting her head to the side in confusion with just the slightest hint of movement. The student wasn’t sure how well other types of infected could see in pitch black areas, (except for hunters, they didn’t even need eyes to see) but being a witch had at least granted her the ability to see quite well in places where light was void. She quickly shook her head and muttered a quick apology, she felt like she might have been a bit offensive from her statement.

Since autumn was here, it grew darker earlier than it had in the summer. She did sometimes stay this late, but it wasn’t too bad. At least not earlier when the sun stayed out... She thought in retrospect for a moment; she was an infected, and usually the only other kind of people who were out late at night were other Green Flu victims. Wandering aimlessly trying to find something on the streets that would sate their boredom… She would be fine, and silently thanked the teacher for his offer to take her home.

“No-no, I can…walk home by myself… it’s no…problem at all…” She reassured him quietly, raising her hands out of her sleeves and tapping the tips of her twelve inch claws together. Sally kept her eyes focused on the tips of her claws. Even though it was a little weird that a grown man was offering to take her home, she did still feel a little guilty turning him down. I hope he won’t be offended… Of course only Sally would feel terrible for hurting the feelings of a possible criminal. She shook her small head again, her bangs whisking across her face as she did so. “T-thank you though… I don’t feel very…comfortable around cars… They scare me.” Her voice was still meek, because the great hallways were empty she already felt like they were amplifying her voice way too much. Sally couldn’t even remember the last time she had been in a car. Ever since she moved to the city with her parents, everything was in a convenient walking distance from their house. The only one she knew who used a car was her dad, and that was to go to work every day. Cars were more of an Immune sort of thing to her… She couldn’t imagine how well an Infected would be able to drive those crazy things.

Realizing that she had been standing in the same place awkwardly for at least a minute, she covered her claws again and held them protectively in front of her chest. She closed her locker door gently with her foot and then started down the hallway again. She reached the front doors a few moments later and pushed through them using her shoulder. Before descending the front steps, she looked over her shoulder at the new teacher she had met that night. To avoid being any ruder, the witch remembered that she should introduce herself as well. “My…name is Sally….Lynch…” she squeaked, hoping that it wasn’t too late to tell him her name. Sometimes it was just weird telling someone you had been talking to for about twenty minutes your name.
TenderFoot
TenderFoot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pluvicorn Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:58 pm

An odd thing happened then. Those usually pale cheeks of the male's gained just a bit of a red color. Yes, the zombie male was blushing. Of course she wouldn't have a problem in the dark. Only he was problems with something so stupid. He then looked away from her, raising one of his hand and scratching at his neck again, a nervous habit he picket up. "R-right." he said, a little slurp of a sound then happened. He was drooling again. He was so embarrassed. He must look like a complete moron.

He then nodded as she protested. He wasn't going to try and convince her any longer. It was pointless anyway. "No, I'm sorry..." he then tried to mumble. What he was sorry for, he wasn't sure. Sorry for bugging her? Sorry for making her fidget awkwardly? Sorry he couldn't be a cooler teacher? Maybe all of the above. He was failing as a teacher just as much as he was failing to be a proper infected.

He brought his yellow eyes back to the girl only when she spoke her name. God, she was only a fraction of his own height and age, and yet she was acting more like a proper adult than he, "Uh Favian." He then realized what he said and placed a hand to his forehead, "I mean Mr. Smith." he corrected. Yet another flub. He was on a roll.

The Spitter reject stood there awkwardly for a few more moments, watching the girl leave. He then sighed and put a hand on his head and looked tired. "I am not cut out for this." he muttered to himself under his breath, "Come on Favian. You can't get fired again. Get it together." he muttered a sort of chant to himself, going and finishing checking on the school before then locking up and walking to his car, pulling his tie loose and unbuttoning the first few buttons of his shirt. Maybe some air would help him calm down and stop mulling over his idiotic actions.
Pluvicorn
Pluvicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  TenderFoot Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Watching the teacher inwardly battle with his thoughts made Sally feel even guiltier. She didn’t want to intentionally embarrass him just from the little squeaks of English she had been able to pipe up. She knew how hard it was to be a teacher; and especially one to crazy and wild infected students. It was only one of the reasons Sally had respected them. The witch felt awkward looking at him struggle, so she returned her gaze to her shoes. The tall man then spoke his name, Finally… She thought, and then instantly scolded herself for such a rude thought. The young witch looked up at him through her bangs shyly and nodded once in conferment. “I will…see you in class….I guess.” Always unsure of herself, Sally let the statement linger with just so much awkwardness, she finally decided it was time to go home. She looked ahead and started descending the stairs slowly as to not lose her balance with her overloaded backpack. Once she was on the sidewalk she started for home, hoping her dad was still at work so she wouldn’t get in trouble for being out after dark. She seriously has to stop getting so engrossed in her silly imagination.
TenderFoot
TenderFoot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum